Credit Information Management Policy
This policy explains how we handle your credit information when we collect it from you. Our management of this information is governed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’), the Privacy Regulation 2013 (‘Regulations’) and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (‘CR Code’).
The credit information we collect and hold
Credit information we collect and hold may include information that can verify your identity, your financial capacity (such as employment details), your payment history with us, the credit types, amounts and limits you’ve previously sought and/or obtained, information about overdue payments, default listings, serious credit infringements, payment arrangements, any previous credit assessments and publicly available information about your credit worthiness (such as a bankruptcy or any court judgement or orders against).
How we manage your credit information
Some of the credit information is collected by us from you, disclosed to us by our related bodies corporate, other credit providers or credit reporting bodies, or derived from information disclosed to us by credit reporting bodies.
We use your credit information to assess your credit worthiness as a customer.
In some circumstances, third parties assist us to provide credit to you and may have access to your credit related personal information for this purpose. To protect your credit related personal information, our contracts with these third parties require them to comply with the credit related personal information provisions of the Privacy Act and only permit them to use the credit related personal information we disclose to them for the specific function we engage them to perform. These third parties may include:
- Our agents, contractors and external service providers, for example, our technology providers;
- Representatives who sell products and services on our behalf;
- Payment systems operators, such as merchants receiving credit card payments;
- Organisations that provide products or services to you in conjunction with us;
- Our financial advisers, legal advisers or auditors;
- Where permitted by law, debt collection agencies;
- Where required or authorised by law.